In News

What happens when I contact the police?

When you make a report about suspicious activity or behaviour, our specially trained officers and police staff will take the details and pass these on for further checks.

The information you provide will be kept secure and your identity will be protected.

Your call is not recorded, and you do not need to give your name.
Don’t be concerned about wasting police time.

What should I do if I find terrorist or violent extremist content online?

Terrorists also use the internet to provoke individuals to carry out attacks in the UK.

One post or video has the power to influence vulnerable people and inspire extremists and terrorists. Therefore it is important to tackle online terrorism as well.

You can help us stop terrorists’ and extremists’ online presence by reporting content such as:

  • Speeches or essays calling for racial or religious violence
  • Videos of violence with messages in praise of terrorists
  • Postings inciting people to commit acts of terrorism or violent extremism
  • Messages intended to stir up hatred against any religious or ethnic group
  • Bomb-making instructions
  • Advice on how to obtain or make weapons

If you see online graphic or violent extremist material or content that supports, directs or glorifies terrorism please report it using our anonymous online reporting form.

A specialist police team will examine the content and will work with internet companies to remove it if appropriate.

For more information you can visit and see the Frequently Asked Questions about reporting online content.

Ci5 Security Supports Act, Action Counter Terrorism, by sharing information and awareness we can save life’s and help battle crime together, making life safer and more enjoyable, and most importantly stopping criminals in their tracks, this article Contains public sector information licensed under the Open Government Licence v3.0

Book Security Guard Online



Request a Quote

  • This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.

Speak to an Expert

0800 270 7005